8 overnight beauty tips from a skin care specialist
You don’t have to go to a spa or a salon to keep your skin, hands and feet looking their best. There are a few at-home treatments you can do in the evening that will give your skin that extra bit of TLC when it needs it most and the best thing is, you can leave them to do their work while you sleep. We asked Jurlique Education Specialist Danielle for her top overnight beauty tips – pair them with an at-home spa day for even more indulgence.
1. Create your own sleeping mask. Massage our Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream Mask into your skin at night in the place of your normal night cream 2-3 times a week for a ‘sleeping mask’ treatment. This will help deeply moisturise dry and dehydrated skin.
2. Indulge in a nourishing hand treatment. Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream Mask can also be used on your hands. Massage a layer all over your hands and put on cotton gloves before going to bed for the ultimate softening treatment for dry, chapped hands. This is amazing to get hands ready for the big day for brides or a special occasion where your hands will be on show - or just to restore moisture after lots of washing and sanitising!
3. Look after your feet. Exfoliate dry skin on your feet with a pedi paddle or body exfoliant, then rinse away. Massage a generous amount of a body lotion such as our Softening Rose Body Cream into feet and heels and pop on socks before hopping into bed. Massage any excess on hands into knees and elbows. Do this nightly until feet and heels are smooth and soft and then continue twice a week to maintain.
4. Apply a face oil. Massage skin with Skin Balancing Face Oil after applying your serum and before night cream prior to bed to restore a soft healthy glow to your skin. Avoid going too close to the eye area. Use slow, relaxing, upwards strokes to release tension. This is best done the night before your hair washing days.
5. Use an oil for nourishing lip treatment. Apply a layer of Skin Balancing Face Oil on dry lips prior to applying your evening moisturiser all over the face and neck. Lips will feel nourished and moisturised upon waking, and it also helps your lipstick glide on in the morning.
6. Apply Jojoba Oil to your hair. If you have dry hair and a sensitive scalp, massage Jojoba Carrier Oil deeply into your scalp and through hair concentrating on the ends, leaving it on overnight. Wrap your hair or place a hand towel on your pillow to protect it. Wash out in the morning with Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner for amazing shine and softness. Repeat twice a week.
7. Hydrate your skin. If your skin is feeling dehydrated, apply a very fine layer of Moisture Plus Rare Rose Gel Cream over your serum and under your usual moisturiser at night. Continue for 7 days for an intense hydration booster, then return to your normal skin care ritual.
8. Treat your breakouts. As soon as you notice a breakout beginning, massage a small amount of Purifying Mask over the affected area/lesion only and leave on overnight. In the morning, the breakout will be far less noticeable and should dissipate sooner.